Monday, July 30, 2007

 

A large and Surprised filled Group

Twas the day before Intake and all through the house
Maids were a-scrubbing and chasing a mouse
The missionaries were gone - the silence was golden
And a little break in routine was to us so beholden...

When what to our wondering ears should resound
But a call from the Airport - "Isn't someone here bound?"
And the voice on the line, said from Tahiti I've come
Won't someone please get me - its not like my home.

So quicker than coursers our volkswagen we took
And dashed to the airport - hoping we'd not see a crook
And our Island friend, Elder Picard is his name
Said thank you my President - but is this just a game?

WE assured him that no, our communication was wrong
But we are glad you're in Ghana - Its a country that's strong
And what to our wondering ears should arrive
I'm glad to be here, and I'm glad I'm alive.

ANd so our first Tahitian arrived - and our break disappeared from two days to one day only. The next morning 17 of our 22 Nigerians arrived on the early morning flight instead of the late evening flight, so we got started a day early. In addition to these groups, we have 4 from Ghana and 2 from South Africa, and as soon as we get a day to rest, things are going to be great!

Comments:
What a handsome group of missionaries. Ours will be in your next picture. Our son is Elder Olson who will be arriving August 17. I sure wish I knew whether to send my son in a suit . I know he won't wear one there. Any advice? We love your blogsite. It has been such a treat for us to visit it. Thankyou for taking the time to keep it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?