Monday, April 16, 2007

 

A MEAL ON "WHEELS"


The other morning I went out to put the volley ball poles back up - the ward always takes them down for their Saturday morning football fun, so as I was out by our generator the one guard and two other brothers (I guess, I didn't know them) we peeking through the fence at the generator obviously excited about something they had seen in the enclosure. They told me there was a xxxxxxx and I didn't understand the word - it was probably in Twi, but I could understand their intent - they needed to hunt the lizard out - said it looked like he had crawled into the generator - could they have a key to get into the compound. Well, we had an exciting chase - you can tell it might be a distant cousin of a crocodile, but without the large snout. He was about 3 and 1/2 feet long - and moved pretty fast when he decided he was going to move. Not sure where he came from because our compound is entirely walled in - perhaps up and through some of the storm sewers we have for drainage - Barb had seen him or his brother earlier in the year - time she got her camera it was gone, but this one won't be wondering where he shouldn't be again - we had three very happy men because this represent a meal with meat for them - and they were very very excited to have caught it.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?